By Randy Davis,Randy "Ardie" Davis
How does $29.95 sound as opposed to $900.00 or $1,500.00? If price is a attention and also you take pleasure in an excellent undertaking, this booklet is for you! jam-packed with images, illustrations, styles, transparent directions and priceless suggestion, this booklet courses you step by step in the course of the crafting of a pro version 15/14 hammered dulcimer with a floating soundboard. Randy "Ardie" Davis takes you thru the secrets and techniques of establishing a hammered dulcimer that would glance appealing and sound even higher. fabrics, instruments, providers, assets - all are coated during this thorough and easy-to-follow book.
Over 185 pages of transparent, confirmed directions, incorporating Ardie's special "Maker's Notes," "Maker's Hints," and "Maker's Cautions" that supply the reader with Ardie's years of woodworking adventure. Ardie covers all the instruments used to make the dulcimer, and issues out that are "nice to have" and that are crucial. He presents a quick description of why and the way every one instrument is used.
Ardie's illustrations are accomplished and straightforward to appreciate. He leaves not anything to probability or guesswork by way of explaining every one step. From slicing the 1st board to stringing and tuning - he covers it all!
An crucial a part of development a hammered dulcimer is using exact styles. integrated within the ebook are pre-printed styles for Pin Blocks, Treble Bridge, Bass Bridge, the aspect Bridges, and a stunning layout for the sound gap. easily tear them out, reduce and tape jointly, and visit work!
How This ebook Is Different
* different books exist at the craft of constructing Hammered Dulcimers, yet they both supply the topic brief shrift, or are too complex for non-engineers. listed here are a few reliable purposes to shop for this book!
* as well as his woodworking abilities, Ardie has a Masters measure in English. This publication is well-written and simple to appreciate. The textual content is obvious and concise.
* The drawings and illustrations are designed for the novice woodworker, now not for engineers. they're worthwhile and simple to follow.
* The plan for this dulcimer is entire yet now not overly complex. Ardie breaks the plan down into potential tasks.
* The e-book is updated with the newest details on hammered dulcimer providers, assets and publishers - together with websites, emails, and different touch information.
* The e-book encompasses a entire checklist of instruments used to construct the dulcimer - with causes of ways and why they're used - and worthy descriptions of all fabrics required.
* This booklet comes in a different CD-ROM model that has 'QuickLink' links to quick take you to all Chapters and Headings, and to 50+ Dulcimer source and provider websites and Emails at the world-wide-web. All pages might be published as wanted to be used on your shop!
* All registered e-book proprietors will obtain entry to a unique website containing online assets and providers, priceless info, additions, corrections, FAQs, photos and more!
* a distinct Foreword by means of grasp builder and performer, Mr. Dana Hamilton!
Read or Download A Dulcimer Builder's Do-It-Yourself Guidebook for the Hobbyist Woodworker PDF
Similar crafts & hobbies books
For cooler days and detailed events, child wishes a hot and dressy layette. Like that important child, those 5 enjoyable crochet units by way of Darla Sims are geared for greatness! every one outfit incorporates a comfortable blanket, jacket, hat, and booties. five four-piece units to crochet in washer-friendly medium weight yarn: package deal of pleasure, Hugs and Kisses, My Little Posy, you're My Sunshine, and candy Pea.
Tie a few notable practical and sturdy fishing patterns.
A e-book with a bead development for creating a Tapestry Loom beaded merchandise with Miyuki Delica dimension eleven beads. Balcony by way of Berthe Morisot 14” x 17” with 70 matte colorsThere is a big photo, a listing of the colour numbers with quantities and a observe chart. you can now make this in beads for your self. those will be so dramatic on your domestic.
A e-book of styles for making Tapestry Loom beaded goods with Miyuki Delica measurement eleven beads. There are huge pictures, a listing of the colour numbers with quantities and a note chart to be used in making goods. The styles are: previous Mountain employee 14" x nine" with 39 colorsBoat Dock At sunrise 12" x nine" utilizing forty colorsThese will be attractive on your domestic.
- Bead Tapestry Patterns for Peyote Celtic Cross and Good Shepherd stained
- Embroidered & Embellished: 85 Stitches Using Thread, Floss, Ribbon, Beads & More • Step-by-Step Visual Guide
- Yarnitecture: A Knitter's Guide to Spinning: Building Exactly the Yarn You Want
- Bead Tapestry Patterns for Peyote St. Jude the Apostle St. Francis Icon
- Stitch Encyclopedia: Knitting: An Illustrated Guide to the Essential Knitting Stitches
Additional resources for A Dulcimer Builder's Do-It-Yourself Guidebook for the Hobbyist Woodworker