By Friso Wielenga,Lynne Richards
A historical past of the Netherlands presents an authoritative, finished in-depth survey and should be of significant price to scholars of recent ecu history.
Read or Download A History of the Netherlands: From the Sixteenth Century to the Present Day PDF
Best world history books
It's a renowned incontrovertible fact that Japan spends just a small percent of her gross nationwide product on protection. what's now not renowned, even if, is the truth that Japan's safety funds ranks one of the most sensible on the planet and that her self-defense forces are thought of to be among the easiest traditional defense force on this planet.
The novelist, poet, and essayist W. G. Sebald (1944 - 2001) used to be might be the main unique German author of the decade of the 20 th century ("Die Ausgewanderten", "Austerlitz", "Luftkrieg und Literatur"). His writing is marked via a special ´;hybridity´ that mixes features of travelogue, cultural feedback, crime tale, historic essay, and dream diary, between different genres.
This Kindle version of The Making of a Superpower: united states 1865-1975 is authorized via AQA and keeps all of the well-loved positive aspects from the former variations and covers AS and a degree content material jointly. With a robust specialize in abilities development and examination perform, this ebook covers in breadth problems with switch, continuity, and reason and final result during this interval of yankee historical past via key questions comparable to how did the position of the united states in international affairs switch, and the way united used to be the united states in this interval?
The sour combating within the Pacific Theater required new types of war, and the collection of precise intelligence details at the distant and sundry islands and their decided defenders. for that reason, new scout, raider and reconnaissance devices have been formed‹the pioneers of present day specific forces.
- The Atomic Bomb Suppressed: American Censorship in Occupied Japan: American Censorship in Occupied Japan (Japan in the Modern World (Hardcover))
- Status, Power, and Identity in Early Modern France: The Rohan Family, 1550–1715
- The Voyage of Nicholas Downton to the East Indies,1614-15: As Recorded in Contemporary Narratives and Letters (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
- War and the State in Early Modern Europe: Spain, the Dutch Republic and Sweden as Fiscal-Military States (Warfare and History)
- Vercors 1944: Resistance in the French Alps (Campaign)
- Information History in the Modern World: Histories of the Information Age (Themes in Focus)
Additional resources for A History of the Netherlands: From the Sixteenth Century to the Present Day